26 February, 2011

Have Hope Christchurch

Christchurch from the Port Hills immediately after earthquake February 22 - photographer unknown
Five days after the unthinkable happened in our lovely city - hope goes on.  There are hundreds of people who are waiting and praying that a miracle will deliver their loved ones from the rubble.  Help is arriving from all over the world - wonderful, brave men and women who put their lives on the line for strangers. Stories are emerging of amazing acts of bravery by everyday super heroes who put their lives on the line to help strangers in a time of need.
I am sittung in my warm, intact house feeling utterly helpless. I have lost my job through this sad act of nature but that is nothing because I am alive and my family is alive and we will be OK. Life goes on and we will rebuild our lives and our city - now is a time to look after one another, be kind to each other and hope for a better tomorrow. 
Cathedral Square in happier times

No comments: