25 September, 2011

Seven On Sunday 25th September

So Sunday has rolled around again - I don't know where the year is going.  Daylight Saving started for us today so I am expecting that the coming week will be a bit difficult while we try to adjust to the new time.  I'm certainly not going to complain about the extra hours of daylight at the end of the day though :)

My list this week is "Seven things I like about Spring"
  1. Daffodils - I know I chose them last week but they are still one of my favourite things about this time of year.
  2. Bird song in the morning - I like being woken by the birdsong outside rather than my alarm clock
  3. New mown grass - time to get the lawn mower out again (actually it is well over time....now where did I put it??), I love the smell of newly mown grass
  4. Christmas is only 3 months away now
  5. Fresh local veges - local produce is making an appearance at the super-market.  We can say goodbye to the imported fruit and veg - it just doesn't taste the same
  6. Getting out in the garden again - I planted my planters with pansies (blue and white, my favourite flower combo) and also put some tomato plants in the garden
  7. Animals - when I drive to work now there are fields full of new lambs, calves, foals and alpaca.  Love them!

Have a great week everyone.

No comments: