23 October, 2009

Busy week

I thought I had a busy life before I begain The Big Adventure but I didn't know what busy was back then!!  Not only am I able to take part in my childrens school events (athletics day, after school sports, etc) which I had previously missed but I am also able to take some time to learn a few new skills.

This week I attended two creative classes, at a local art shop.  On Tuesday I went to a recycled book class - the tutor Brenda is very passionate about her subject and had a lot to share.  She taught us how to recyle paper into books (newsprint, tissue, brown paper etc) I haven't got photos to share yet as it is still a work in process.  The second and final part of the course is next week, we'll be learning how to make a book as well as an altered book - I'll post the finished projects then. On Wednesday I went to the same store again for a Creative Gifts class.  The tutor (Katz Cowley) was so inspiring.  She absolutely fizzes with enthusiasm and had so much to share that I was exhausted (in a good way ! ) afterwards.  Although we didn't make a lot of gifts I came home with so many ideas for handmade gifts, gift wrap, cards, envelopes and giving in general that I'm not sure there are enough hours in the day to create them all.  Katz also takes a creative journalling course which I would love to take sometime - hopefully she'll be doing another one in the next few months.

The rest of the week has been spent trying to stay warm (where has our Spring gone?) supporting one son at his various sporting endeavours (I know I just complained about the weather but I could do with rain tomorrow so that cricket is cancelled and I can have a lie in LOL is that too much to ask?) and helping my eldest son with his exam prep. Hopefully I'll be able to put aside some time to create over the weekend - Monday is a public holiday so I should be able to achieve it!!

No comments: