23 September, 2009

Gardens


Unemployment is capitalism's way of getting you to plant a garden. ~Orson Scott Card


The sun has been shining after a night of heavy rain so I ventured outside into the garden today - although I am taking liberties calling my outside area a 'garden'. Give me a few months and it will be though! I am determined to plant a vegetable garden this spring while I have the time to look after it. I've spent a couple of hours this morning, weeding the vege plot (which is home to some healthy herbs plus millions of weeds). I have a little more to do then it will be a trip to the garden shop for some plants. Then maybe I'll have a garden like the one in the photo above - oh well a girl can dream can't she?

Gardening seems to be the full extent of my creativity today - although I do have a date with H to do some baking later.

1 comment:

pinkpuppy said...

Good luck with the gardening! im sorting out mine this weekend!