28 November, 2011

Birthdays

Today it is my birthday.  I am  *breathe* 50........and I am actually pleased to be here, at this milestone.  I remember when my mother turned 50 ....she seemed so old.  I feel like a much younger 50 than she was (mind you I think my mother might have been born old).  I am looking forward and setting some goals which will make my 50s happy, healthy and purposeful.


Never one to follow the norm I decided against a party and spent the money, it would have cost me, instead on a long weekend away.  I had a fabulous time with my family including siblings and their children and in one case, grand child. We stayed at Punakaiki on the West Coast (my most favourite of all places in New Zealand) in a wonderful house right on the beach.  It was a wonderful way to recharge the batteries and get ready for the Christmas season.
View from beach - house we stayed in is the two storied house at rear

View north from beach

View south from beach


View from the beach


Another view of the fabulous house we stayed in         





After my rejuvenating weekend, I'm looking forward positively to a year ahead where anything is possible.........

1 comment:

Jo in TAS said...

Happy 50th Birthday Cindy!!!!! Sounds like the perfect way to recharge those batteries and start off the next year afresh!!
PS The ornies are on the way!